Ben Trott – Managing Director & Law Firm Consultant
Ben Trott is a Law Firm Marketing & Management Consultant, Speaker and Writer. He was previously one of the youngest Directors of a Law Firm in the UK, sitting on the management board of a top 200 national law firm with 20 offices. Ben was named as a ‘Leader in Legal’ in 2017 and specialises in advising law firms and lawyers on Law Firm management, marketing, business development and lead generation. Over 36 months he transformed a legal website from bringing in £250k pa in fees to over £2m pa.
Ben previously worked for a corporate top 50 firm, national top 200 high street law firms and a Barristers’ Chambers. He has a degree in Law and Business and has experience in running online e-commerce businesses.
Ben advises and works with law firm owners, partners, solicitors, marketing teams and barristers on digital marketing, lead generation, SEO and PPC. His work focusses on generating more leads digitally and alongside helping to convert them into paying clients. Ben brings growth and value to firms, adding to their bottom line.
Ben also manages the agency across all services we provide to legal clients globally. He has advised law firms and legal brands in the UK, USA, Europe, Africa, Middle East, India, and the Far East.
Ben often speaks at law firm partners meetings, presents at legal conferences, Universities and has written for LexisNexis, The Law Society and Lawyer Monthly alongside presenting webinars.
Ben has setup multiple law firms, including firms specialising in, Personal Injury, Private Client, Crime, Commercial Property, Corporate & Commercial, Family, Litigation, Legal aid and Landlord / tenant work.
Ben’s expertise includes: advising on all central service strategies in running a law firm, online marketing/digital marketing/SEO/PPC, blogging, PR, events, website development/creation, social media, google analytics, customer journey refinement, CRO, sales & conversion skills, videos /media, Legal 500 / Chambers & Partners submissions and team management/mentoring.
- Won millions of pounds worth of new business for law firms.
- Over 10 years of practical experience helping law firms & lawyers become more successful.
- Supported over 60 firms across the agency in the past 3 years.
- Setup and trained new enquiries departments for national, regional and small law firms across England and Wales.
- Shown over 500 individual lawyers how to get better marketing results.
- Spoken at international and UK conferences on law firm marketing.
- Worked with law firms of all sizes. No firm is too small or too big.
- Generated new business for lawyers across 4 continents.
- A history of getting quick results … usually within 3 – 4 months.
- Setup numerous law firms in the UK, from sole practitioners to multi-partner firms.
- Setup London offices of International Law Firms entering the market.
- Ghostwritten articles for QC’s/Barristers, Managing Partners and Solicitors in the legal media
- Helped to develop one of the largest in-house Barristers’ Chambers.
- Advised a multitude of legal tech start-ups, apps and suppliers to the market, including providing consultancy advice to one of the largest international law firm suppliers.
- Advised UK Government Legal Advisers and Parliamentary Committee Advisers
- Advised on the PR for high profile Fraud, Regulatory, Family and Criminal cases with significant international TV & media coverage.
- Helped to develop and promote one of the first law firm ‘franchise’ offerings in the UK.
- Lawyer | Business Magazine – People Buy People
- LexisNexis – Bellwether Report – Law Firm Stress Management
- LexisNexis – Marketing Tips For Law Firms
- The Law Society – The Eye of The Beholder – Law Firm Branding Advice
- The Law Society – Search & Rescue – SEO Advice For Law Firms
- The Law Society – Lights, Camera, Action! – The rise of video content for law firms under lockdown
- The Law Society – How to improve your ‘Employer Brand’
- Howden: Fortune Favours the Brave – Considering Starting Your Own Law Firm? (Mar 2023)
- A 17 minute SEO masterclass (For Law Firms) (October 2020)
- What Do Firms Need To Do To Improve The Way They Manage And Convert New Enquiries? (May 2020)
- Law Firm Ambition Webinar: Generating and converting instructions for law firms – 2023
- Law Firm Ambition Conference. Regent’s University London 2023
- Nottingham Law School – (IEC) International, EU & Comparative Law Module – Industry Insight 2023
- Nexa – Personal Branding for Lawyers 2022
- National Law Firm – LinkedIn Lead Generation & Strategy 2022
- Manchester Law Firm – Call Handling & Converting Enquiries 2021
- Nottingham Trent University – How Sales Is Important in the Legal Sector 2021
- 3rd Cyprus Legal Conference 2021 – Developing legal talent for tomorrow 2021
- Nottingham Law School – Virtual Law Fair Panel Discussion 2021
- Newcastle Law Firm – Annual Partner Conference 2020
- East Midlands Law Firm – Annual Partner Conference 2019
- LexisNexis – Webinar on Branding 2019
- Manchester Law Firm – Annual Partner Conference 2019
- Law Share Annual Conference 2017
- Propero – Leader in Legal 2017
“Ben helped to develop and run the practice at Cartwright King Solicitors. His knowledge of how to market legal services both on and offline made a substantial difference to the cases and bills coming into the firm. Both as a senior management team member and a marketing professional, I would not hesitate to recommend him to other law firms looking to develop themselves in the 21st century. His work in bringing in leads online and getting them converted fundamentally changed how we did business!”
Luke Pickering – Finance Director – Cartwright King Solicitors
”I have worked closely with Ben over a number of years to develop and market niche new practice areas and specialisms within the law. Ben is an absolutely outstanding marketer and in particular his knowledge of and expertise in digital marketing is second to none. . . I would not hesitate to recommend Ben to anyone.”
Gary Broadfield – Solicitor & Partner
To see a wide range of reviews & testimonials, please click here.
- Tel: 0115 8700 443
- Email: email@example.com